Re: MGF in America?

To: "j r overcash" <jroverca@tiac.net>, "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>,
Subject: Re: MGF in America?
From: "Gordon Bird" <gobird@vbe.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:25:35 -0400

> There have been a number of reasons bated around, not the least of which
> have to do with Federal emissions and safety stuff.  But the most popular
> seems to be the lack of a dealer network!  Of course I don't buy it
because
> if there was really a desire to sell the car here dealers could be lined
up.

Perhaps the problem is with the current dealers who used to have the MG
franchise back in '80.  Yep, many of them are still around.  If they didn't
offer the franchise to those, they may be in for some lawsuits, on the other
hand if they do offer the franchise to those old dealers, what are the
current BMW dealers going to say?  I'll sue.  Could be a no win situation,
and combine that with the safety/emissions issue and it just may not be
financially feasible.

My $.02

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA