Classic Car Insurance

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Classic Car Insurance
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:47:53 -0400
My $.02:

Geico has the lowest rates I've been able to find for my family's cars.
However, the way any insurance company keeps rates low is by containing
costs.  That means they only accept clients for coverage who are minimum
risks.  And, if any should prove to be risks, get rid of them.  As to
claims, we've only had two occasions to file.  Both were when my daughter
the attorney was hit from behind while stopped in traffic.  Not exactly the
kind of thing to move them to drop us.  But, I know that using them is a
risk.

FYI however, a few years ago, they were acting like the CIA trying to get
clients to fess up to the ownership & use of radar detectors.  This was at
the time their newsletter had a big article about how radar detectors caused
death & mayhem.  Typical insurance company hysteria on which they can
justify higher rates or dropped clients.  BTW, in this same issue was a
photo of their then CEO sitting in his new car - a Ferrari Testarossa.  And,
of course he never drove it over 55 or used a radar detector - did he?????
Hypocrites!

Norm .......
MGB daily driver / occasional racer (just don't tell the Ferrari owner)