Re: Classic Car Insurance

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Classic Car Insurance
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:58:48 EDT
Grundy has a good reputation, and seems to take care of the collector set.
He should, after all that's his classic #9 racer in the ads.  The Grundy
family is very involved in collector cars, so they know the people, the
lifestyle, and the love and care we put into our vehicles.  That is why they
are able to put together such an attractive package.  I also believe that
they will only charge you one liability premium, reagrdless of the # of cars.
 After all, you can't drive them all at once.

I've heard the same about Haggerty.

So who do I use?  State Farm, of course.  The have my regular autos (2), my
home and my umbrella, and I've had great service from them, even through
three claims.  The adjusters were absolutely great.  I pay a few extra bucks
on the antique ('68 BGT and hopefully, soon, a restored 52 TD), but I get a
better nights sleep having everything with the same company.  An annual
policy with a $300k liability, $5,000 agreed value, with collision and full
comp costs a shade under $300/year.  And I am in New Jersey, which has the
distinction of the highest car insurance costs in the nation.

I've heard the horror stories of people dealing with State Farm, but I have
no complaints.

Steve in NJ

'68 BGT
'52 TD (in resto)