Re: MGB Tonneau

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tonneau
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:59:47 -0700
Yes, those are the sockets for the bar. With the top stowed, you use the
tonneau like a top boot. The front edge flops forward over the bar and
behind the seats, where you can snap it down (or not) as you please! Thus
hiding the unsightly folded top and keeping crud off it. I have a
packaway top so what I get is a zipper-secured (or unsecured) stowage
compartment on the rear shelf, which usually contains a sweater, a
jacket, two caps, a blanket, stringback driving gloves, and a portfolio
of maps.

Looking at your follow-up message, you are probably right in that the
front ends of the top support frame (or hinge or whatever) would still
show, exposed by the open zippers behind the seats, which let you fold
down the tonneau. So it would not be quite as tidy as the boot. But the
tonneau is a good way to keep sun off the seats and keep your stuff out
of sight, while not having to put the top up (and expose the rear windows
to sunlight & birds).

Dan DiBiase had this to say:

--

Max Heim