Electronic ignition

To: "'mg list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electronic ignition
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 13:42:22 -0400
In the next few weeks I am going to be putting a 78 B back on the road for
my dad.  The car has 33k miles on it but it hasn't run in more than 10 years
due to electrical problems.  I don't have a whole lot of experience with the
RBBs but I have heard that the stock electronic ignitions can be
problematic.  Can someone provide me with some input and with the most
common solution.  Right now it is just a contingency plan, but I would like
to have a backup in mind because I have to finish it before I start summer
school a month from now.

TIA
James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8