Re: [Nobbc] Last Ditch Reminder

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Last Ditch Reminder
From: "Mike Gianandrea" <mvg1@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:05:52 -0700
Hi Frank,

Sadly, I got three for Saturday, two for Sunday, and one for Saturday
decided to back out. A few of us have family obligations and a few have
mechanical issues, and a couple are going in a vehicle other than their toy.
I guess there just wasn't enough interest for the bulk of us. I did not get
to Brisbane because of my water pump problem, and because I have been
swamped with my business, but this is too close to miss, and I know a lot of
the cars that will be there, maybe we can put it together next year with
more notice, now that we know that we have the car corral. CSRG wants clubs
and people to come out for their events, and this is the opportunity to park
close in and not have to walk real far to see the cars.

On another note, the second season event in each year in May at Infineon is
the Wine Country Classic Vintage event that features many of the same cars,
plus many cars from around the country that come to race and display. IF YOU
LIKE OLD CARS, this the event to attend. One of the activities that they
offer each year, is a car caravan over to Sonoma, sometimes to the square.
This year we all left the track in a line, drove to Landmark Winery in
Kenwood for a box lunch and wine tasting, a professional photograph of you
in your pride and joy, a longish slow drive throught the countryside back to
the track, and then we got to take two laps on the track, and another
picture taken of each car taken at the top of turn two, both of which photos
you get copies, all of this for a mere $30. Even having to slam a master
cylinder into my TR before heading out there late, I can't think of a better
Friday that I've had than that in a very long time. Very enjoyable, keep
this in mind for next spring.

I will be out there Sunday for sure, and probably Saturday, if anybody wants
to meet up, my cell number is 707-849-6986.

Michael Gianandrea
64 TR4