Re: [Nobbc] Last Ditch Reminder

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Last Ditch Reminder
From: "Frank Morris" <morrisf@SIDWater.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:26:16 -0700
Michael:  I have been to these events in the past and because we do love
the vintage cars it is a great venue for us vintage folks.   I
especially enjoy the Wine Country Classics each year.  I think it was a
CSRG event few years ago, when my 71 MGBGT was whole, the MG Owner's
Club celebrated 50 years of MGs with a "parade" around the Infineon
track at noon...the older cars dropped off after one or two laps and
then the rest of us put the proverbial peddle to the metal for several
more laps.  That was such a hoot to get a feel for the track and all of
it's idiosyncracies.  Prior to the "race" we had about 10 minutes of
safety instruction of where to and where not to pass and "just aim for
the rumble strips"...the guy behind me had a hopped up MGB roadster and
latter bemoaned that he couldn't catch me the entire time.  I almost
spun out due to poorly adjusted breaks on one of the downhill turns and
ground some gears coming around the sharp hairpin turn just before the
grandstands (I forget what # that one is...turn 11?)...overall, a very
memorable experience.

Frank
61 MGA FHC(currently in restoration)
63 Jag E (with the DeLorean Pontiac OHC 6)
71 MGB GT (need any parts???)Downed by a drunken driver 06-30-07...but I
survived!