Re: Tool for a loved one

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tool for a loved one
From: BURL VIBERT <burl.vibert@goodyear.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 09:59:43 -0500
 I don't think Sears manufactures anything themselves, I would imagine that
Sears owns the dies for all their hand tools and simply contracts out the
forging, (or whatever process is needed).  I haven't checked lately but at one
time the better Craftsman drills were identical to Dewalt which is actually
Black & Decker.
Also, lots of tool companies just put their name on tools, they don't actually
make them. I have a set of stripper/crimpers with the Channel-Lok name on them,
a friend has the same tool with the Crescent name.  I've also seen the same
tool with Klein and Proto on it.

Burl Vibert