Re: The Ideal Shop HELP

To: <Duncan120@aol.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: The Ideal Shop HELP
From: "John L. Viviani II" <geeno@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:54:29 -0600

> I have that book, and I'm not too impressed with it.

What I was getting at

>There is another book I see by the same author called "Ultimate
> Auto Workshop Design & Planning" which might be better.  At least it
> doesn't have "build" in the title.  I haven't bought it yet, so I would
> love to hear from someone who has.
 This is the other book I was referring to. Same book dimensions, same
number of pages, same author, just differnet number of photos,. I to would
like to know if there is a difference

> Regarding Classic Motorbooks, how does this company still exist?  I used
> get their catalogs and buy stuff from them, but then Amazon and others
came
> along.  Classic Motorbooks charges full retail.  I can buy the exact same
> books for about 20% off elsewhere.

Easy. I have Amazon and Barnes and Noble looking for books that they don't
inventory. But found at Classic. I have now finished reading two of them,
still getting updates from Amazon and B&N that they are looking. Really
Classic prices are not that far off from other net stores and no different
from the real world.

MHO
Gino