RE: The Ideal Shop HELP

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The Ideal Shop HELP
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:02:00 -0500

-> Lots of light, and then some more light.  My shop is about 30x30 and
-> I have six banks of fluorescent lights, each individually switchable.

 Absodamlutely.  I did the same thing.  It was well worth it.

 I plan to add a few of the high-efficiency white incandescents - the
kind with the grapefruit-sized bulb and kiddie-pool-sized reflectors -
when finances permit.

-> with a light colored wall to reflect the light, its much easier to
-> see what you are doing with lots of light.

 I used ordinary gloss white wall paint.  My Dad said, "That'll show
dirt easily."  I said, "Yes, but it'll wipe off."  Unfortunately, most
of the walls are now covered with benches, shelves, or racks.