Cool Aesthetic Tip

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cool Aesthetic Tip
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 08:32:50 PDT
I'm just so pleased with how this came out I had to tell everyone.  My
72 Spit was missing its dash badge so I pried one off a 73 when I picked
up my car.  It was pretty nasty after sitting in that TR graveyard for
several years. Its color was sort of chocolate.  Well I've just gotten
around to "restoring" it with fantastic results.  Heres how...

First I soaked it in WHITE vinegar for around 2 days I guess.  This
really brightened it up.  The acetic (sp?) acid is quite weak and won't
really hurt anything.  Then I rinsed it off and gave it a light
scrubbing with some steel wool.  Voila! A brand new badge.  This thing
looks like its made of gold now.  Just for good measure I just changed
the vinegar out and I'm going to soak for another 24 in some fresh
stuff.  I'll give it another light scrub and maybe cover it with silver
polish.  Assuming you have the badge off your dash this method can't
miss.

Try it!

Ryan Smith
Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech