Re: Flushing out a Gas Tank

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flushing out a Gas Tank
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 10:18:07 -0700
At 11:56 PM 6/1/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi Listers,
>
>I finally got the tank out of my '80 Spit and have a radiator shop that will
>flush it out for me.
>
>The next question...  Do I need to pull out the sending unit or is it safe
>to leave in?
>
>Certainly don't want it wrecked, but have no desire to breach a seal
>unnecessarily either.
>
>TIA
>
>Bruce Hestand

Bruce;

        You need to remove it definately one way or another as the solution that
is used to clean radiators is very caustic and will destroy the gaskets and
seals for that part of the tank anyways.  This is a good time to change
them out.  I've had gas tanks cleaned for my railroad motorcar and it makes
a huge difference in the way the look and perform since it removes the
scale from the inside.  Don't forget to use a cleaner to remove all residue
on the outside of the tank before you paint it.
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |  Flinters@picarefy.com * www.picarefy.com/~flinthoof   |