Re: clutch bleeding on 1500

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Subject: Re: clutch bleeding on 1500
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:59:52 -0500
Cheat Andrew!  Do what I did.

Go ahead and pull the tunnel.
Do the clutch thing.

Before you put it all back together, on the tunnel,
mark the area of the clutch slave cyl, and cut yourself an
access hole through the tunnel.  (mine is roughly 5" x 7" )
For a door, I used  a 'bodywork repair sheet' metal panel about 8"x10"
I bought from a from the generic local auto parts store.
I use four of those slip on speed nuts and four trim screws to
hold the panel in place. You can glue the insulation back onto  the
back of the panel. (wrap the insulation in plastic to keep it neat)

Next time you need to work on it, you can peel back the carpet
and remove the panel without having to take out the whole damn
radio tower.

This works great on both the original carboard and even better on the
aftermarket ABS tunnels.

Paul Tegler
OBie - '73 BGT - Daily Driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Rat -'80 Spitfire  - fledgling recently left the nest
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - finally home
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com