Re: GM Alternator Conversion

To: Mike Nelson <mnelson@tconl.com>
Subject: Re: GM Alternator Conversion
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 08:58:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Mike Nelson wrote:

> I did it!  I actually pulled off the failed Lucas alternator from my '79
> Spitfire, and with the assistance of Paul Tegler's website and information
> Dan Masters posted on the VTR site, I accomplished this task with relative
> ease.
>
> If anyone is considering or as I was, forced into this conversion, drop me a
> note, I'll be glad to share the details (in my non-mechanical vocabulary).

Why do people rewire their cars to use a kludged non-Lucas alternator
when Delco has an alternator designed for the Spitfire??  I'm planning
on dumping my Lucas this spring when the weather gets good enough to
get back to working on the car in the driveway.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |