RE: GM Alternator Conversion

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>,
Subject: RE: GM Alternator Conversion
From: Chuck Pedretti <chuckp@magenic.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:04:09 -0500
An even easier solution is to use a single wire internally regulated delco
alternator.  You can buy them anywhere, and you just run the hot wire from
alternator to battery, nothing else.  But once you have a new alternator
installed, why is getting another one on short notice such a worry?  I
usually get 3-4 years out of an alternator on a jeep, and the only reason it
fails that fast is the winch puts a tremendous load on it.

Chuck Pedretti
http://www.oldjeep.com