Re: 1500 Hard-top Questions

To: OC <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Hard-top Questions
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 06 Apr 2001 04:11:28 -0500
Mike,

As I thought, the 'moulding' is a chromed plastic strip that runs along the
 bottom rear edge of the hard-top.  It is purely decorative.  If Rimmers say
 'Enquire' in their price list it almost certainly means they don't have it -
 the reason they say 'Enquire' I suspect is that they are always trying to
 increase the number of components they do, so there is a slim possibility that
 they have introduced that part since the last price-list came out.

If you care enough about having this strip, your best bet would be to acquire
 one off a scrap hard-top - the Spitfire Graveyard may be able to help here.

Richard & Daffy  (Fitted new (well, second-hand) rear spring last night, less
 rear sag, but still leans!)