Re: Originality

To: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>, OC
Subject: Re: Originality
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:52:35 -0400
>More to the point, however, is that I am 6'3", so if the wheel was any larger
> wouldn't be able to fit my legs underneath it!  Previous to Daffy I had Sammy

> the MG BGT - the original (15" or 16") wheel was so obstructive to my long

> legs that I could not lift my leg all the way up on the clutch!  Within a
week
> of purchase it was replaced with a 14" Mountney.
>
>Richard & Daffy

Well, I still have the original steering wheel in Daisy ('69 Spit) and I'm
6'6"!!!
What helps right now is that the seats are "flat" (read: foams are almost
completly
gone!).  My left knee is right against the door, my leg just above the knee
is squeezed between the steering and the door, my shin is against the windows
crank and I can press the clutch only with my big toe!

Still, I can't get that smile off my face when I'm driving!
Cheers
Steph
P.S. I will replace the steering wheel next week once I finished the wooden
12.5 inch one I got in a trade not too long ago.

///