Re: Re: Originality

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Originality
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:03:13 -0600
> Carly's bezels (and the ones in the brochure) are black with a chrome
> rim, which I think look rather tasteful.   They are set off nicely by
> the chrome-plated dash screws, but goodness knows what is original to
> the car.

Yes, the bezels on Nigel were the black with a chrome rim-but they were
scratched in places and a bit worn. When I looked to get new ones, I found that
the choice was either all black or all chrome. I thought the all black would be
too dark, too blah. And then Dave told me that under the nasty 'grey/silver'
paint on the wheel spokes it would be shiny-I thought-"Chrome bezels!" But the
screws were the black satin and sort of blah and in looking for replacements, I
found the chrome-so the whole look was pulled together! (Lagerfeld would be
proud!)

> > People had remarked to me, before
> >I did all this, that the exterior of the car was soooo nice-but the
>interior,
> >though quite good, wasn't up to the same level of flash. Now, when one looks
>at
> >the interior, it all comes a bit more together. And Dave approves.
>
> I found that my interior looks a whole lot better now I have screwed
> down the tunnel cover where it belongs, and moved the Dash Support
> Column forward to where it belongs.   The PO had deliberately set the
> tunnel cover high and forward, and raked the dash support column back
> towards the gear lever, which gave a much more cluttered look to the
> cockpit.   I suspect he thought it looked more gutsy.

Carly must love you! ;-)

> >Haha! No more than I! And remember-I haven't familial duties to distract
>from my
> >'study'! ;-)
>
> I've never let familial duties distract me from my study - how do you
> think I manage to get books written? :-)

You must have an understanding family! My relatives gave up on me long, long
time ago! But, that's ok-I love my grammie but don't understand her pack rat
ways and she loves me-but can't quite understand how that sweet, feminine
little girl in ruffled pinafores grew up to be such a gear head and
swashbuckling eccentric! ;-)

Books? You've written other books?

Laura G. (And "Nigel")

///