Re: Resetting odometer question

To: <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Resetting odometer question
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:46:20 -0400
Boy, you opened up quite a can of worms with this one! :)

Contact the DMV, but I'd also suggest puttering down to the library and
actually pulling the law code books and reading yourself what the law in
your state actually says.  What a DMV clerk answering a phone says
frequently will not be reflective of the actual law.

I'd also suggest you do this before you go rolling down to the DMV with
the car and or title application.  As long as you're just inquiring, no
crime has been comitted.  But, on the off chance that you're in a
particularly hysterical state, showing up at the DMV with an odometer
reading 8 miles and the explanation you proposed could land you on water
hotter then you want.  Particularly if you're unarmed with regards to
the laws your working in.