Re: Funky D-type O/D, P. II

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Funky D-type O/D, P. II
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:15:32 -0400
Don't forget that the weight numbering system for gear oil is not equivalent
to that of motor oil.  I.e., a 40-weight motor oil is not at all half as
viscous as
a 80-weight gear oil at the same temperature.

I am happy with the Redline gear oil because it does not get too thick
in really cold weather, and it is not hard to shift on winter mornings...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit