Re: Funky D-type O/D, P. II

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Funky D-type O/D, P. II
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:48:05 -0800
Speaking of diverse opinions, my transmission guru scoffed at the notion of
gear lubricant additives damaging parts they are created to protect.  If
anything, he seems to subscribe to the notion that oils have gotten better
over the last 20 years, not worse.  He said the top three reasons for synchro
ring failures in order, are:

1. Not enough oil.
2. Not enough oil.
3. Driving the hell out of the transmission, when it doesn't have enough oil.

I really like this guy.  Anyway, I picked up a couple of quarts of Valvoline
50w racing oil, and we'll see if it improves things.  I'm hoping for the
best.

Thanks for all the info.

Jeff