Re: Spit body lifting

To: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit body lifting
From: Sam Gentry <sam@spit6.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:18:20 -0500
I think I made a wire rope sling and passed it through the seat belt anchor
points on the rear arch then under the floor and up through one of the
holes in the floor.  It lifts very easily and I had no trouble at all.

One word of caution.  With the doors off the body is not very strong and
tends to flex in the center.  I welded a piece of angle iron across the
inside of the door opening while it was still on the frame.  After I put it
back I cut the angle iron off.

Sam