Re: Spit body lifting

To: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit body lifting
From: "Ken Copeland" <khoco@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:46:20 -0500
My GT6 manuel calls for a beam, pipe, 2X4, etc run under the car at the
wheel wells. A sling would work but you have to worry about messing up the
fenders at the wheel well. The wheels will have to be removed and and the
body lifted to get whatever you wind up using under the car. The brackets
for the front were easy to make and worked well. Be careful not to bend your
car. Even though small the body still weighs a couple hundred pounds. hope
this helps

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784 (Future restoration, (Maybe a GT8))
70 Spit FDU84919 (Body doner)
70 GT6+ KC81551 (Future Spit GT)
71 Porsche 911T (Ok so I like 70s