Re: Spit body lifting

To: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit body lifting
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:28:45 -0500
> Since I won't be lifting by hand (the hoist's rated at
> 2 tons), I might as well leave the doors on.  In
> addition to resisting the taco effect, they won't have
> to be realigned that way.
>
> MDN
I would never think of removing the doors, they are already fitted in place
and aligned, there are 3 things you need when removing a body from the
frame, 2 2 X 4's, 4 people and a "shotgun", the 2 X 4's go under the body
close to the wheel wells, 2 people on each side lift the body off and either
sit it on blocks or the floor, thats it, oh the shotgun is to shoot anyone
trying to lift from the front or rear, I have no idea where the idea got
started about removing the doors !!  "FT"