Re: Car show judging

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car show judging
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:25:07 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Okay Allen as an owner of a 'trailer queen' I'll answer your
challenge.

When I go to shows I do not vote for cars that have been
'restored' by a professional shop vice the owner.  I talk with
the owner to find out to find out who did the work.  Cars of this
nature shouldn't be judged in the same arena with owner restored
vehicles.

I also do not vote for any car, reguardless of who did the work,
with a for sale sign on it.  Any car that is for sale belongs in
the for sale corral and not on the show field..

Now for my 'trailer queen'.  I have a '62 Sprite, that with the
exception of the paint job, that has been owner restored.
'Restoration', however, really isn't the correct word to use in
this case.  The normal brake, hydraulic, flushing, etal had to be
done along with some minor body work (new bonnet and left fender)
everything else consisted of a real good cleaning.  The car is
90%+ original down to the original Dunlop Gold Seal WW tires (5),
original rubber floor matting, hood, etal..
The reason she is a 'trailer queen' is that she also has only
1734 original miles on her.  It had 1712 miles when I acquired
her and have in two years of ownership put 22 miles on her.  With
the exception of one other '62 (museum owned in England, BMIHT)
this car is the second lowest milage and probably most 'original'
in existance.  I feel a car such as this deserves/demands to be
preserved and hence she is a trailer queen.

I do own a '59 Bugeye for my driving pleasure and it is on the
road at least once if not more a week.

Biff Jones
Pasadena, MD
'59 Bugeye, "Kermit'