Re: Re: Re[2]: that's _darn_ the torpedos :)

To: <HW200@AOL.COM>, <LEBRUN@HII.HITACHI.COM>, <BRADSHAW@UTDALLAS.EDU>,
Subject: Re: Re: Re[2]: that's _darn_ the torpedos :)
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 09 Jan 97 23:20:24 EST
"There is ONE law here buddy - representation! If the sticker says 260 it
BETTER  be a 260, otherwise you have a lawsuit. THAT IS MISREPRESENTATION
OTHERWISE."

I agree.  However, unless you can *prove* quantifiable damages, you may
only recover $1 - which is not a real threat to anyone.  But, the *fear*
or risk of something bigger is what will have settlement value and lead to
yet another groundless lawsuit.

"Whether it's a Monza, Audi, Ford, or Sunbeam, if you don't have the right
numbers to substantiate the powertrain you purchased in writing (on the
window sticker) you are open for a lawsuit."

Exactly my point.  You will be open for a lawsuit pretty much no matter
what you do in this world.  And if there is a small enough window to get
it in front of a jury, you my be open to a big judgment against you.

Jay Laifman
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks
Los Angeles