Re: Washer bottle bracket

To: shutchin@netjets.com
Subject: Re: Washer bottle bracket
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:56:38 EST
I had heard of the color cars being 'fly away' cars.  In fact, a good friend
is the original and current owner of a 'fly away' Series V Alpine.  I don't
know if the later Alpines also largely went over to black like the Tigers, but
his has a red interior.

I do know that my car was not a fly-away car.  It was purchased from Walker
Dodge in Van Nuys in November, 1966.  Interestingly, the car had sat out front
of the Walker lot all through the spring and summer with a huge sale price on
it.  The original owner took it for a test drive in August, and the motor
hardly ran.  When the car was still there in November, he took it out again.
It
still hardly ran.  The dealer was using it as bait, and had apparently messed
up the fuel mixture so no one would buy the car.  He paid the fire sale price,
took it home, played with the carburator adjustments, and it ran fine for his
wife for the net thirteen years when she put it away.

Bob Nersesian
B382000975