[Tigers] Book of Norman

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Book of Norman
From: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:25:12 -0400
First, I want to repeat that I am appreciative of the work Mr. Miller put
into this book.  It9s abundantly clear that he made little to no money on
the writing or publishing of the book.  I hope he makes a bundle on a second
volume.  The profit is going to the people who are reselling the book for an
absurd amount of money.

What I implied (said straight out) when I started this topic this morning is
that it annoys me to no end when I hear people complain about the TAC
program because they think Tiger owners have their cars TACed (or defend the
program) because they are somehow greedy or only interested only in the
value of their cars.   Let9s be clear, it9s all about the car, and these
things are expensive.

So, a real Tiger is worth a lot of money, and that9s Ok with me.  Why would
that be a bad thing, and why would it be bothersome to anyone that any owner
would be interested in his car maintaining or increasing in value?   Why is
it somehow more acceptable that 3there would now be a great many people that
either paid $1k for one or are sitting on theirs believing that they are
worth $1k that would be very very angry if a reprint came out now.2, as
Steve pointed out, but not if an owner might be concerned with at least
maintaining the value of his Tiger?  Imagine a guy spending $35,000 on his
Tiger, then seeing the car lose $15,000 in market value.  That would be like
burning 15 copies of 3The Book Of Norman2.   Out.  Mauro