Re: [Tigers] Starter Solenoid

To: Joe Brown <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Starter Solenoid
From: Donald Antilla via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 16:31:18 -0500
Cc: Tigers Den <Tigers@autox.team.net>
The starter solenoid temporarily supplies 12 volts to the. Oil while the
starter is cranking.
As soon as you release the key that temporary 12 volts is disconnected and the
power to the coil is via the ballast resistor.
It sounds like you either have a bad ballast resistor or broken wiring to the
ballast resistor.
Temporarily add an alligator jumper across the two tabs on the resistor and see
if it starts. If it does start you have a bad resistor.
And if that does not work, start looking for lack of 12 volts INTO. The ballast
resistor.

From Don's iPhone 203-592-8427
Or 203-264-8301 home