Wire wheel Woes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire wheel Woes
From: shammy@inmind.com (Christian Simonsen)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 00:12:50 GMT
Mr. Question is here again.

I still don't have a good idea about the RAANNNK noise but I am thinking it
may just be a very onery thermostat.  I heard the noise today after the car
was shut off!

While adjusting the brakes, I noticed one of my wheels has some rotational
play on the hub. Not a good thing me thinks. I would fathom a guess that
both the hub and the wheel are messed up. Is it going to hurt to run like
that a while (I guess if it gives way, braking and acceleration may be
absent from that wheel)

When this happens, do I just lay out big bucks for new wheels and new hubs?

I've heard about rebuilds, but I think one does a rebuild because he has
good centers.......

As always comments are appreciated.  See ya

Christian Simonsen
Virginia, USA
shammy@inmind.com

1954 TR2 TS1675  long door waiting for attention

1963? TR4 CT 24093 LO runs like a champ most days