Re: GT-6 engine conversion

To: Nickbk@aol.com
Subject: Re: GT-6 engine conversion
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 96 12:01:59 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Phil-
>You ask about putting a TR6 engine in your GT6...
>
>I feel that Tony and I ought to have a standard answer that could be posted
>to the group every coupla months, just to cover this question

>I know, it all seemed so simple.

Hey Nick,
 Where ya' been? Haven't heard from you in a while.
 You know, I don't think there is any answers or proceedures that can be
considered "stock answers", if for no other reason than there are going
to be as many ideas as there are people. Everyone is going to do the same
sames differently. Plus, the peculiarities of these cars sometimes makes
a straight answer hard to come up with.
 I just got my block back Friday. All bored, milled and neat looking.
Good thing I had a friend do it, it still cost me $111. which included
the head work that I still have to finish. Parts for that should arrive
by Monday.
 My conversion is moving along, albeit, slowly, so many other projects.
 I just took on a body make-over on a 57-58 Austin Sprite with Spit
engine and front suspension.
 I am guilty of engineering the suspension. The owner took my ideas and
had the machine work done. Looks like it's gonna work out nicely.
 Have to pick the car up soon, but gotta finish a Mustang first.
 Take Care.
 Best Regards,
Tony
###