Re: How to cut my TR6 dash

To: flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com
Subject: Re: How to cut my TR6 dash
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 14:12:01 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Joe!

A blast from the past. We met a while back, '92?, '93? It's all a blurr now.

I actually used a file to open the hole up to get my radio in.

Things to watch for:

1. as somebody else mentioned, make sure the radio is not too deep. If
the box is too long, it will interfere with the heater and visa-versa.
Way un-kool. ;-).

2. be careful when cutting the plastic foam cover. If you goof up here,
it'll be expensinve to fix. The price for the cover has come way down,
but you don't want to do that job if you can avoid it.

I scored the plastic near the hole with an x-acto knife and then removed
the foam/plastic meterial before I tried using the file.

3. The center support is pretty soft aluminium. I used a semi-coarse wood
file to removed what little material I had to remove.

4. Buy a radio that is small to start with. This will cut down the amount
of effort in "2" and "3" above.

5. Don't forget to turn the radio down from time-to-time in order to
listen to that sweet six purring along!

bye,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: You'll have to talk to my attorney about that topic...