RE: that was wrong with my flashers

To: David Williams <dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca>, "Lindberg, Andrew (MN12)" <Andrew.Lindberg@corp.honeywell.com>
Subject: RE: that was wrong with my flashers
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 11:53:41 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Aug 15, 11:06am, David Williams wrote:
> I have had great success using a product called 'Oxysolve" from Eastwood
> (insert usual disclaimers here).  It's intended as a rust remover and most
> such solutions contain a significant amount of acid....

For quick emergency use, Coke does a great job at this; the
sugar makes a bit of mess, though, so it needs to be flooded
with water afterwards.  Hmm, I wonder if Diet Coke would work
better?  Anyway, the phosphoric acid in the soda really cleans
up contacts well.

later,

John Lye

rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU