Re: aaaaahhhhhh !!! What have I done !?!

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: aaaaahhhhhh !!! What have I done !?!
From: Carol Zingone <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 09:26:20 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Mark S. Lepore, MD wrote:
>
>  What have I done?Common reaction, upon hearing absurd dollar figures bandied
>about.
 Seriously, though, I had the same reaction about 4 months after I
bought my car, and thought I had bitten off more than I could chew.

> My '71 Tr6 that I bought less than a month ago needs major work, or so a
>recent mechanic says.
> YOu don't mention if he's an LBC guru or not...find one.  My experience
is they are resonably priced, and will provide consulting for the DIY
jobs, if you're lucky.   You also don't mention where you live; someone
on the list may be able to make a recommendation and/or provide
assistance.

> I'd like people's opinions on these prices, and
> alternatives, aside from me doing it myself, which I'm not confident I
> could do.
I thought the same thing myself, and then found myself pulling off the
rear half-axles.  Face it, a lot of this you can't break, and since
you'll be driving it, you'll be extra careful about putting it back
together again correctly !

Others on this list have way more experience in pricing parts/labor, and
wrenching on their TR's -- this list is invaluable for new TR owners !
(Hello to Walt & Don, resident lurkers from the NFTC !! :-))

Good luck, and let us know what you decide

Carol Z.
 74 TR6 -- Sybill