Re: TR6 Clutch Question

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch Question
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 20:05:29 -0500
Cc: Andrew Murchison <amurcha@kinderfeld.icenter.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mark S. Lepore, MD wrote:

> My clutch question (temporarily)solved.
> The local "mom and pop" mechanic said the fluid was empty.  He filled
> it, and it works fine.  However, there is a slow leak from the "slave
> cylinder", will cost $150 parts and labor to replace.  Does this sound
> right?
> Anyway, I'm sort of glad.  It seems the thrust washers are probably
> ok,
> and the pin-thingy an oval-hole thingy are probably still in tact.
> You
> guys were right, worry about the easiest things first.
> On another front, the carb rebuild estimates are running from a low of
> $375 for both at TRF if I send them, to a high of $275 EACH with a one
> year warranty at Sam Smyth in Cincinnati (anyone know anything about
> this guy ?), with two estimates that were in between.  I'll probably
> just bite the bullet, and have it done somewhere.
> Lastly, anyone know why my "reverse lights" don't work.  I checked the
> bulbs, and they appear fine.  I've noticed on other sockets in the
> rear
> such as the turn signal lights that there are two wires attached, a
> power wire and a "ground".  There is no ground attached to the reverse
> light sockets.  Should there be one?
> Thanks all very much.
> Sirmoog
> '71 TR6
> Will trade Allergy info for TR6 info
Andy,
If you want to own a LBC you will have to overcome your fear of grease.
Or you will be spending big bucks and sending your mechanic on vacation
to all sorts of exotic places.  A rebuild kit for a slave cylander is
about $10 and it takes about an hour to rebuild.  It takes longer to get
it out and reinstall the tranny cover than to rebuild the s/c.  But it
can be done in a morning or evening with simple tools.  The hardest part
is bleeding the system after the s/c is re-installed. this require two
people or the use of a mity-vac or ez bleed system.
Remember all relationships take work some is fun and the other is called
marriage.
Larry Zink