Re: UNLEADED FUEL IN PI CARS

To: Max Blyton <Max.Blyton@airservices.gov.au>
Subject: Re: UNLEADED FUEL IN PI CARS
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 00:45:21 -0400
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Max Blyton wrote:
>    fuel on PI shuttle pumps and metering distributors  - close tolerance
>    components which, I understand, were designed to use the Pb content of
>    the petrol for lubrication?

  From my understanding, which is basically a collection
of "read this somewhere"'s, but the lead is only
a valuable lubricant after combustion.

  I'm not sure if this means that it's a good lubricant
after it's burned, or if it's an inconsequential
lubricating element which swimming in gasoline which
is somewhat lubricating itself. (well, better than
air)

  I must admit I find this whole "lead free" panic
a little funny though. There are people old enough
to own and drive LBCs around here that weren't alive
when leaded fuel was last sold here. Doesn't seem
to be an issue.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada