Re: UNLEADED FUEL IN PI CARS

Subject: Re: UNLEADED FUEL IN PI CARS
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 15:39:33 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
As I've said before, most concerns about unleaded are probably
unnecessary.  However, I might add that when I had my Rabbit Diesel about
five years ago, I recall that the pump always said the fuel contained
lead.  I don't know whether Diesel engines use different injectors than
gasoline engines, and, again, I doubt whether unleaded causes any
problems.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U
'82 Rabbit Diesel