Snubbed

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: Snubbed
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 05 Sep 1997 08:15:01 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0486E341021F5017-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 05 Sep 1997 08:15:01 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 05 Sep 1997 08:15:01 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0486E341021F5017*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Perhaps I'm just a bit cynical now that I am a middle aged guy, but it
seems to me that maybe all of us list members have set our expectations a
little to high.  It appears that not everyone who drives an LBC is as
devoted to the Triumph (or even MG, Lotus, Jag, take your pick, etc.)
marquee as we are devoted, nor do they see anything special about the fact
that they are driving a piece of history.  I wish it were not true, but I,
too, have experienced the "snub" from others in LBCs. (sigh)  When it
happens I usually try to convince myself that the other driver was busy
fiddling with a Lucas electrical fire under the dash, or perhaps a bug flew
into his eye temporarily blinding him or that he was preoccupied by a
strange grinding noise emanating from the gearbox.  You know, the things
that we are all usually preoccupied with......  ;^ )

Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.
Los Angeles, CA 90015