Re: Snubbed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Snubbed
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 08:00:58 -0700
If I had a dollar for everytime someone said to me, "nice MG," I'd have a
TR6, a TR3, a GT6+, a TR8, a TR250... well, you get the idea.  Heck... I
remember one time someone yelling as they drove by, "Nice Datsun!"  Parked
at a Seven-Eleven one day some little kids came out and I heard one say he
thought it was a Ferrari!

Talk about snubbed, I've passed one guy in a dark green TR6 on my way to
work (and him on his way, I presume) three or four times recently... I'll
excuse him for not seeing me the first two times, as there were cars
between us, etc... but twice I've gone right past him, arms waving
frantically, engine revving, (horn doesn't work!!) and he doesn't even see
me.  Or, if he did, he completely ignored me!!  Go figure!  I dunno about
the rest of you folks, but I can spot an oncoming Triumph, (and indeed most
LBCs parked or otherwise) from miles away... like a sixth sense.  Can't
imagine a TR enthusiast who wouldn't see pick out another TR when it's
driving right past!!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 CF10732