Re: snubbed

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: snubbed
From: "Peter Gillis" <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 16:39:26 +0100

Tom O'Malley wrote:

> > Let me share with you what happened to me today.  I passed a nice red
> > MGB on the road.  I gave the customary little wave of recognition.  He
did
> > not return the salute.  Is this an example of the Triumph vs. MG thing
> >or is this guy just a jerk?
>
> I had a similar thing happen to me last month.  I waved at this MGB
> driver at least three times while we were sitting at a traffic
> light...nothing.
>
> When the light changed he took off in the opposite direction.  I
> chased him down and forced him into a ditch.
>
> That'll teach 'em.
>
> Tom O'Malley <who's just kidding>
> '74, '77 Spits

Tom
Let me also share a recent experience, I normally drive a Mk1 2000 saloon
every day and would get a knowing smile from a BGT that travels the
opposite
way, recently a burst rear wheel cylinder has forced me to use my TR4 for
work,
the first day I got big looks but no reaction, and since his eyes seem
rivited on
whatever japanese car is in front of him.

Cheers
Peter Gillis
63 TR4
69 2000 Mk1