Re: Miatas again!

To: SBollen728@aol.com
Subject: Re: Miatas again!
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:43:42 +0100
Cc: ybullet@flash.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
SBollen728@aol.com wrote:

> Steve, I suspect a lot of people secretly wish the Miata was a British LBC so
> they could feel comfortable about buying one!

Actually, with me it's never been the car, just the the majority of
buyers it attracts. I know there will be exceptions, but the majority
are clueless to the car's best feature- the drop top.
I'll let my sexist born in the 50's side show (donning a Nomex suit as I
speak). Way back when, in my teenage years, we had a term for cars that
had a majority of female owners. We called them "Chick Cars".
The cars were bought because they were "cute". Performance and
functionality were never factors in the purchase.
The leader of the list in 1969 was the VW Beetle Convertible. NO self
respecting male back then would be caught dead owning one. Next were 6
cylinder Mustangs. The Karmen Ghia. Those goofy Fiat 850's. And (I'll
get roasted for this) the Spitfire. The list goes on, and it's being
proudly carried into the next century, taped to the raised top of a
Miata!