Re: cars to hate

Subject: Re: cars to hate
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 14:50:30 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997 karim.marouf@cancom.com wrote:

> Why does a friendly little car like the Miata inspire so much hatred? You'd
> think sports-car owners could think of more likely cars to hate. Just off
> the top of my head I can name five:
>

> 1) SUVs (all of them)
> 2) rubber-bumpered MGBs
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
With apologies to all of you who love your '74+ TR6's, I'd say this goes
for all British cars with impact-absorbing bumpers.  Those overriders are
just plain hideous.  I'm glad mine is a '72 with old-fashioned bumpers.

> 3) Corvettes, Porshes, Miatas, or any other sportscar ordered with an auto
> trans
Now, to play devil's advocate, since I don't like automatics either,
remember the first Taurus SHO's, where the super Yamaha engines put out so
much torque, they had to be made automatic, because the manuals couldn't
take it.

> 4) Austin Atlantics
> 5) Metropolitans

Otherwise, I'm in complete agreement.  Let's give the Miata its due, since
it looks like a fun little sports car.  It just doesn't have the history
(or age) of a Triumph.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U
Bloomington, IN