re: cars to hate

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: cars to hate
From: "Jim Gambony" <gambony@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:20:07 PDT
Actually, I think your list is missing a few notables..

1)  Any flavor of minivan (can't see around 'em, and most drive like
idiots)
2)  Pickup trucks with chrome bumpers (at night, it's like driving into
the sun!)

3)  Most of the construction crews on my morning commute route (35 in a
55, jeeeeesh!)

4)  any buick/cadillac/ford/lexus/infinity boat with the driver talking
on a cell phone while drinking coffee/mascara/eating/???

and I'll take minor exception to your inclusion of the Metropolitan.
They're so cute they're like saccarin, but they help wake up the idiots
in the modern cars.

The only thing against the Miata is that the Japanese did what they do
so well:  steal a neat idea, and work the bugs out.  If
Triumph/MG/Lotus/(your favorite LBC) had the money to spend on the
developement work back in the 60's and 70's, we'd still be buying new
LBCs.  Sob, sob.

Jim