Re: cars to hate

To: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: cars to hate
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 18:57:27 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James Charles Ruwaldt wrote:

>      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> With apologies to all of you who love your '74+ TR6's, I'd say this goes
> for all British cars with impact-absorbing bumpers.  Those overriders are
> just plain hideous.  I'm glad mine is a '72 with old-fashioned bumpers.

I'm with you..   One of the first mod's I made to my '77 Spit was to
swap the bumpers from a 71 GT6 on it.  Got rid of the huge boobies on
the front and picked up the much cooler license plate lamp on the back.
(Not to mention getting rid of that hideous steel overrider on the
rear.)

I also swapped the plastic spoiler for the GT6 valence.  (Although the
one I salvaged is warpy..  Anybody got one to sell???)

It's a shame what has been done in the name of safety!  Ummm, if I
wanted an especially *safe* car I doubt I've bought such a tiny car to
begin with, know what I mean?

John

--
Come see us on the Web!