Re: cars to hate

To: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: cars to hate
From: "Tom Gentry "<TGENTR@wgc.woodward.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 15:32:00 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net.wgcinet>
James said:
>Now, to play devil's advocate, since I don't like automatics either,
>remember the first Taurus SHO's, where the super Yamaha engines put out
so
>much torque, they had to be made automatic, because the manuals
couldn't
>take it.

First, I hope no one on this list would ever consider a Taurus to be a
sports car, no matter how fast it is.

Second, the early SHOs came ONLY with a manual trans.  The automatics
available couldn't take the power.  It was few years later when
slushboxes became available and selecting the slushbox option also got
you a softer suspension.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!
(and 5 speed SHOs are definitley NOT boring cars)