GT6 Perplexia

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 Perplexia
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 16 Sep 97 11:40:38
I guess I have begun to *bulk mail* my GT6 questions now.

1)  The PO of my GT6-3 unshimmed the front end to eliminate the positive camber
of the wheels, which are now vertical.  He said he did it to make life less
hard for
the tires, which I understand, but I am left to wonder if this is the reason
the car
seems to float a bit at highway speeds over 70 mph.  The steering gets
disturbingly
light.  Could this be because of the lack of positive camber, and if not, what
is the
purpose of the camber on the front end, anyway?

2)  Which might offer better performance -- K&N air fitlers, or the stock
filter box arrangement, with cold air feeder tubes?
I am interested in improving engine breathing, but with K&Ns there is no way
to feed cold air to them, so is this just a useless tradeoff?

2)  My car is missing one of the horns, the one from the right side.  How can
I tell if this is the high note, or the low note, that needs replacing?

3)  The angled gas tank filler hose between the body and tank needs replacing,
and
none of the parts suppliers seem to carry it anymore.  (This is a side-fill GT6
...)  Anyone
know where I can find this part, or a close facsimile?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 III