Re: GT6 Perplexia

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: GT6 Perplexia
From: "Charlie B." <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:15:51 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin,

What in the world are you doing running 40 psi in those GT6 tires?

The starting pressure should be somewhere around 26.

Try chalking the tires like autocrossers do to find the normal street
pressure for you specific tires. Rub little chalk marks on the tire
corners, where the tread meets the side wall. Go for a spirited (not
crazy) drive, getting the tires up to temperature. Go left, go right.
When you get home check the chalk marks. If the chalk is worn off the
side walls, you need a little more air. If the chalk marks are still
visible on the tread, you're overinflated. Rear pressures may be
different from front pressures, although side-to-side should be similar.

If necessary, adjust pressures and go for another drive. What the hell,
it's a beautiful time of the year here in D.C.

Charlie B.