Re: GT6 Perplexia

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 Perplexia
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 17 Sep 97 12:11:15
All right everyone, turn the flame throwers off for a moment, please ...

I spoke today with my LBC mechanic about the tendancy of my GT6 steering
to become *floaty* at higher speeds, and he suggested something simple --
such as a tire pressure that is too high.  He points out that the GT/Spit is
engineered for a pressure of 20-25 lbs., and I am running with something more
like 40-45 lbs. on a set of Dunlops.  He also says that individual tire
pressure
recommendations are irrelevant to this lower pressure requirement for the car.

Of course, I protested about tire wear, reduced MPG and all that stuff, but
he maintains that the Spit/GT6 is so *nimble,* it requires a lower pressure, as
Triumph indeed recommends.  So there it is ... more fuel for the fire ...

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6-3