Windows and crank pins -Reply

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Windows and crank pins -Reply
From: Martin Wilson <martinw@fmc.gov>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 11:50:22 -0400
I can"t answer your questions, as to why yours don't work well, but I have
two 76 spit doors with the complete windows and mechanics your
welcome to have if you find you need parts.

Martin wilson
78 (was waving all weekend) spit

>>> <Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV> 09/22/97 11:17am >>>

Let*s talk *windows* for a moment, shall we?

Surely someone must know how to do this properly.  I have a door trim
pad off on my GT6 -- that*s the easy part.  But I recall that the last time I
had to reassemble a
window crank, I just about lost my mind trying to reinsert the window
crank pin.
What is the trick for doing this?  (My mental health may depend on your
answer...)

Also -- what  commonly contributes to windows that are hard to crank up
and down?
The crank winder springs in my GT6 are noisy and binding, even when
lubricated -- is this part of the problem?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 III