Re: Windows and crank pins

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Windows and crank pins
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 08:43:05 -0700
Martin S. writes:
> I just about lost my mind trying to reinsert the window crank pin.
>What is the trick for doing this?  (My mental health may depend on your
answer...)
****************************
I found that if you fold a piece of maksing tape at one end so that the
sticky end is exposed at the fold, you can 'stick' the end of the pin to
the fold and while pushing the panel in and aligning the handle to expose
the hole you can then carefully lower the pin into position.  It may take a
couple of trys but it goes in quite easlily.  Someone else may have an
easier method but this has worked in the past for me.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )